SSLC | VANCOUVER | VICTORIA | TORONTOSPROTT SHAW LANGUAGE COLLEGE
A Great Place For Education
Intermediate English for Post-Secondary Education is an intensive academic preparation program for those who wish to enter a post-secondary institution (college or university) or for those who wish to study academic English.
IEPE has proven to be a valuable stepping stone not only for students who wish to pursue SSLC’s official Pathway program, English for Post-Secondary Education, but also for future IELTS students who are exploring alternative courses as well
- Important Skills training in University specific skills such as speaking, organizing, summarizing and note-taking.
- Academic Learning practice in academic writing, listening, vocabulary and reading.
- Personalized Education with small classes for more individual attention in grammar, communication, reading comprehension and listening skills.
- One-on-one access to experienced and helpful teachers, informative Pathway advisors and knowledgeable academic advisors.
- Monthly school tours and information sessions with a variety of universities and colleges.
- Next Step high-level training and preparation for EPE.
- No IELTS, TOEFL® or any other official English test score needed to gain entry to our partner colleges and universities.
Academic Vocabulary / Conjunctions
Academic Vocabulary / Transitions
Identifying Main ideas, support and examples
Academic Vocabulary / Transitions
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 45-46
- TOEIC® 550
- IELTS 4.5 overall (with writing 4.5)
- Completed SSLC Level 3
- Any recognized International English language equivalency test score or a pass on our Entrance Exam.
An interview and essay are required.
Locations: Vancouver & Toronto
Duration:4-weeks, 8-weeks, and 12-weeks
Hours: 26.5 hours per week
Schedule: Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
Class Size: 15 Students
Program Type: Certificate
Start Dates: Please Contact Us
Excel in everyday business communication and develop a foundation for further studies and career advancement.
- Grammar – 50%
- Vocabulary – 100%
- Leadership – 75%
- Creativity – 50%
- Listening – 100%
- Speaking – 75%
- Critical Thinking – 100%
- Writing – 100%
- Presentation- 100%
“In the school, this course was challenging, the teachers were very good, the atmosphere excellent, and the students came from the whole world. Staying with a host family is really the best way to be sure to speak English and improve your skills since you can talk about everything, otherwise, they were very friendly so I felt like at home. Vancouver, the best spot ever, is a bustling city, there is always something to see, do, or places to visit whether during the week or in the weekend, different neighborhoods with different cultures.”
“For me, SSLC is one of the best language schools in Canada. From the first day onwards, I felt comfortable there. The staff is really friendly and always available. I also liked the EPE course: my teacher was great and the lessons were very interesting. I significantly improved my English. My Canadian experience will remain one of the greatest things in my life, forever engraved on my memory! I can say that I am really happy I met such friendly people and made such rapid progress in English!“
“My experience in Vancouver was fantastic. I took the EPE course there and discovered cultures that were totally new to me with the other students. I met people from Latin America, Asia, Europe… I stayed at the school residence. With my roommates, we shared unique moments, like a real family. The locals are welcoming and relaxed. Thanks to SSLC, I came back home with my fluent English.”
How can we help?
Send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.