Sprott Shaw Language CollegeHigh School Bridge Program Coordinator
Sprott Shaw Language College is a leading English language school in Canada with campuses in Victoria, Vancouver, and Toronto. SSLC offers a variety of general English courses for all age groups.
* A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a TESOL, TESL, or CELTA Certificate (from a Languages Canada accredited institution) OR a Bachelor of Education with experience teaching teenagers
* A minimum two-years’ teaching experience
* Languages: Native English speaker
* Experience with teenaged students and knowledge of high school curriculum
Qualities required for position:
* assist and educate teen-aged students (ages 13-17) in the SSLC High School Bridge Program
* familiarity with the BC high school curriculum and requirements for acceptance
* able to work in a team and independently
* strong organizational skills
* excellent classroom management skills and understanding of the particular needs of teenagers in the classroom
* oversee the Youth Bridge Program, including policy implementation, training of new High School Bridge (Junior) Instructors, and regular meetings with academic management
* experience with curriculum development would be beneficial
This is a union position and wages will be paid according to the wage scale currently in place. This position will start April 1, 2019. Please contact Corrie (email@example.com) if you are interested.