SSLC | VANCOUVER | VICTORIA | TORONTOSPROTT SHAW LANGUAGE COLLEGE
Let’s the world listen to you
We understand that learning English is not just about the language, it is also about the experience. We offer students in-house activity coordinators to assist students with where to go, what to do and how to do it!
Business English brings students into a modern business environment where technology plays an important role in day-to-day operations. Students will learn how to read, write, understand and discuss various business-related topics using newspaper articles, textbooks, podcasts, and websites.
SSLC’s Business English program now includes aspects of the Cambridge Business English Vantage Exam. BEC is internationally recognized and is a qualification that provides practical, everyday English skills necessary for success in an English-speaking working environment and in international business.
- Develop the English Vocabulary needed to describe basic business concepts and procedures.
- Become a more effective communicator within a professional environment.
- Learn to negotiate and conduct meetings in an English-speaking environment.
- Develop the skills needed to communicate in a clear and assertive way.
- Learn aspects of the Cambridge Business English Certificate – Vantage (BEC) exam.
- Work on team projects, collaborate and participate in group discussions.
- Building a Career and Writing Goals
- Using Technology to Communicate (Speaking and Writing in the Age of Technology)
- Culture and Manners in Corporate Communication
- Language for:
- The Creative Language of Advertising
- Entrepreneurship: Communication for Self-Employment
- English for International Markets / Free Trade
- Understanding Fair Trade / Business Ethics
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 45-46
- TOEIC® 550
- IELTS 4.5
- Completed SSLC ESL-SF Level 3 or ESL-SC Level 6
- Or, any recognized international English language equivalency test score or a pass on our entrance exam. Interview required.
Locations: Victoria, Vancouver & Toronto
Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
Hours: 26.5 hours per week
Schedule: Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
Class Size: 15 Students
Program Type: 4 weeks / 8 weeks (Certificate)
Start Dates: Weekly Intake
- Obtaining post-secondary degrees in
business and related fields
Excel in everyday business communication and develop a foundation for further studies and career advancement.
- Grammar – 75%
- Vocabulary – 100%
- Leadership – 75%
- Creativity – 75%
- Listening – 100%
- Speaking – 100%
- Critical Thinking – 75%
- Writing – 75%
- Presentation- 100%
- Pronunciation – 100%
“The Business English course has been really useful. All of my skills have improved a lot, especially writing and speaking!”
“In Business English, we can learn about grammar and related vocabulary, but also about different national and cultural approaches in business communication, humor, and non-verbal communication. This class is very helpful for students who want to learn something new for their future. It helps us gain self-awareness.”
“SSLC is the best place to learn English because you’re surrounded by it. When I graduate, my English will help me work anywhere.”
How can we help?
Send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.