Sprott Shaw Language CollegeHigh School Bridge Program Coordinator
Sprott Shaw Language College is a leading English language school in Canada with campuses in Victoria, Vancouver, and Toronto. SSLC offers a variety of general English courses for all age groups.
SSLC Vancouver is currently looking to hire a full-time High School Bridge Program Coordinator.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a TESOL, TESL, or CELTA Certificate (from a Languages Canada accredited institution) OR a Bachelor of Education with experience teaching teenagers
- A minimum two-years’ teaching experience
- Languages: Native English speaker
- Experience with teenaged students and knowledge of high school curriculum
Qualities required for the position:
- assist and educate teen-aged students (ages 13-17) in the SSLC High School Bridge Program
- familiarity with the BC high school curriculum and requirements for acceptance
- able to work in a team and independently
- strong organizational skills
- excellent classroom management skills and understanding of the particular needs of teenagers in the classroom
- oversee the Youth Bridge Program, including policy implementation, training of new High School Bridge (Junior) Instructors, and regular meetings with academic management
- experience with curriculum development would be beneficial
This is a union position and wages will be paid according to the wage scale currently in place. This position will start January 6, 2020.
Please contact jobs(a)studysslc.com if you are interested in applying.