SSLC | VANCOUVER | VICTORIA| TORONTOSPROTT SHAW LANGUAGE COLLEGE
Opening Doors Through Translation
English Through Translation (ETT) is a specialized course that has been developed specifically for Korean students learning English. It focuses on translating day-to-day languages such as slang, idioms, and commonly used expressions in order to enhance your understanding of English.
Along with studies in sentence structure and vocabulary development through article translation, the lessons include audio and video dictation to practice pronunciation and intonation through a period of intense speaking and recording.
- Intensive daily speaking class with a Canadian teacher
- Detailed individual corrections
- Conversation classes with native speakers in small groups
- Wide range of vocabulary, expressions, idioms, slang, collocations and phrasal verbs
Weekly Topics / Curriculum
- Habits & Behaviour
- Money & Shopping
- Weather & Emotion
- Health & Food
Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
Hours: 26.5 hours per week
Schedule: Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
Class Size: 15 Students
Program Type: 4 weeks / 8 weeks (Certificate)
Start Dates: Please contact our Marketing / Student Advising Department
- Lag reduction in translation and interpretation
- Preparation for CILISAT certification test
- Formal and informal vocabulary expansion
- Media interpretation and translation
- Reading comprehension
- Natural conversation abilities
- Effective discussion and presentation skills
- 4 or 8-week Certificate program
- 26.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- In class: 0.93 months – 4 weeks -106 hours
- 1.86 months – 8 weeks – 212 hours
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 40
- TOEIC® 470
- IELTS 3.5
- Completed SSLC ESL-SF Level 2 or ESL-SC Level 5
- Or, any recognized international English language equivalency test score or a pass on our entrance exam.
The interview may be required.
- Translator I Interpreter l Teacher
- Marketer l Sales Representative
- Trades l Tour Guide l Flight Attendant
- Guest Serves in Hotels l Customer Service
“I am very grateful to all the staff and teachers of the Sprott Shaw Language College. It was a great experience that has helped me take my career to a new level.”
“I like SSLC because I’ve learned so much about English for the aviation industry. Also, the staff has been very friendly and helpful and the college activities have made it a fun place to study. I am now working as a cabin crew for a Canadian company.”
“I studied at Sprott Shaw Language College in 2017. I was really happy with the college environment. The teachers were great and I made a lot of friends. The college is located in the heart of the city and is very close to all amenities. I have very much enjoyed my stay in Canada.”
How can we help?
Send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.