Sprott Shaw Language CollegeEnglish for Post-Secondary Education
Where Learning Begins
EPE is an intensive academic preparation program for those who wish to enter a post-secondary institution (university or college) or study academic English. Our EPE program not only lets you bypass taking an official English test with many of our partners, but it also prepares you to be successful once you start your college or university journey.
EPE is not just about getting into university, it’s also about succeeding, graduating and reaching your goals!
Excel in everyday business communication and develop a foundation for further studies and career advancement.
- Grammar – 50%
- Vocabulary – 100%
- Leadership – 75%
- Creativity – 50%
- Listening – 100%
- Speaking – 75%
- Critical Thinking – 100%
- Writing – 100%
- Presentation- 100%
- No IELTS, TOEFL® or any other official test score needed to gain entry into selected colleges and universities affiliated with SSLC.
- Academic learning and intensive reading and writing practice, including paraphrasing, summarizing and researching.
- Important skills for academic preparation covering all areas reading, writing, speaking, vocabulary, study skills, and note-taking.
Wide variety of college-level curriculum topics covered in each module.
- Feedback, monthly tests, and academic counseling to evaluate student progress.
- Monthly school tours and information sessions with a variety of universities and colleges.
Multi-meaning words / Academic vocabulary
Education / Science essays
Note-taking in lectures
Academic vocabulary / Word families
Child development / Globalization essays
Noun and article grammar
Business case study
Speaking and seminars
Word grammar / Academic vocabulary
Cultural studies / Climate change essays
Developing and supporting arguments
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 61
- TOEIC® 650
- IELTS 5.5 overall (with writing 5.5)
- Completed SSLC Level 4
- Any recognized International English language equivalency test score or a pass on our Entrance Exam.
An interview and essay are required.
Locations: Victoria, Vancouver & Toronto
Duration: 4-weeks, 8-weeks, and 12-weeks
Hours: 26.5 hours per week
Schedule: Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
Class Size: 15 Students
Program Type: 4 weeks / 8 weeks (Certificate)
Start Dates: Please Contact Us